***Application Deadline Notice***
The next application period will be open June 1, 2021 - September 1, 2021 for calendar year 2022 grant expenditures.
To qualify for a Foundation grant your organization:
- Must be located in and/or directly affect the Austin, Minnesota area.
- Must be ruled tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and must be operated for charitable, educational or scientific purposes.
Individuals do not qualify for Foundation grant funds.
In preparation for the online application, here is a quick checklist of items that may be required of your organization.
- The exact name of the organization or agency making application.
- A brief description of the organization.
- Federal Tax ID #.
- Provide a copy of your most recent Form 990.
- A copy of the organization’s most recent tax-exempt ruling from the Internal Revenue Service.
- A list of current board members.
- A clear description of the project, the need, its purpose, the number of individuals affected, goals and expectations.
- Description of similar programs in the community.
- Total of all funds required for the project and other sources of funding.
- Amount requested from The Hormel Foundation.
- Expected completion date.
- A detailed expense budget for the project, showing where and how the requested funds would be spent.
- Audited accounting statements for the previous year, if available, and if not available, then most recently prepared internal accounting statements.
- The procedure and criteria by which effectiveness of the grant should be judged after the grant funds have been expended.
- Within 90 days following the end of the period for which funds were granted, the grantee must provide The Hormel Foundation with a final financial accounting for the grant funds (a Grant Use Report), and an evaluation and summary of the results obtained.